All winter long, I crave a fabulous cocktail on a cozy night in with friends or a beau. Red wine is great for winter, but sometimes you want a nice warm cocktail. That’s why I love a delicious Hot Toddy on cold winter evenings.
I also feel like when I have a cold, a Hot Toddy is the absolute best cure, although a doctor might argue that alcohol doesn’t help a cold. Whatever the case, this drink is the perfect way to warm yourself up by the fire on a cold night.
Here is my recipe for a Hot Toddy. Feel free to add more spices and honey or tailor it to your own personal tastes:
(Multiply amounts for each cocktail.)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a small saucepan, heat water until almost boiling.
- In the meantime, pour honey into mugs.
- Sprinkle spices over honey.
- Stir bourbon into honey and let spices dissolve.
- Pour hot water over honey bourbon mixture.
- Squeeze lemon into cocktail.